We’ve pulled together ideas below for making both the outside and inside of your home summer-ready because who doesn’t want to be, and isn’t ready for, summer?
Using Your Outdoors Space For Summer Hosting & More!
Are you eager to host a barbeque or graduation party? What about all those reunions and landmark birthdays that had to go uncelebrated? Do you find yourself missing those casual weekend fires and family badminton matches in the backyard? Now that we can safely gather with friends, and family, it’s time to get your yard and house (yes, including your roof!) ready for summer gatherings.
Here’s how to get started:
First, read these articles from last season about making your patio space super cozy and about why summer is a great time to get your roof replaced.
Now that you have some decoration and renovation ideas, you can think about how you want to use your space. Do you want to host fantastic meals for your friends in a chic dining space? Do you want to have a weekly backyard volleyball tournament for your neighborhood? Are you interested in an outdoor workspace where you can field Zoom calls and reply to emails while enjoying the sun?
What you want to do with your space will determine next steps. For instance, if great conversation and fine dining is your priority, you can focus on your patio or porch space. If you want to host outdoor sports events, then you can make sure you have all the right equipment, good storage space for that equipment, and a hydration station. If you want to work from home outside, you’ll need a supportive chair and table in the shade or with an umbrella you can open up for sunny days.
Other Summer Home & Yard Tasks
While they aren’t as fun or exciting as planning for summer activities, like those described above, key home maintenance tasks you should consider include:
- Make sure your cooling system is functional before rather than during the first heat wave. HVAC maintenance can also keep humidity in your home down which increases the lifespan of your roof.
- Visually inspect your roof for any damage that might have occurred during the winter such as missing shingles, exposed nails, wavy flashing, or detached gutters, and if you notice anything that needs tending to, give our roofing expert team at South Shore Roofers a call!
- Put flower boxes in windows and plant some bright flowers. Bonus points for planting things that will flower in different months, so you have continual color throughout the warm months!
- Clean your gutters to prevent flooding in your basement during any big rain storms.
- Trim branches away from your roof. This will prevent gutter clogging and potential damage from any falling branches. Focus on trimming diseased or dead branches hanging close to the roof.
Once you’ve designed your yard space to suit your needs and gotten your home and roof in order, it’s time to invite the friends and family over! Summer on the South Shore is a beautiful time of year. This is definitely the time to kick back, relax, and enjoy being with your people.
If you need help with replacing or repairing your roof this summer, South Shore Roofing will be there for you. You can get your free consultation today. The team would love to discuss your goals and work towards solutions with you. Have a great summer!